English

Obchodní akademie


Brief History of the School

Commercial education in Mladá Boleslav started in the year 1912 when a two-year private Trade School was set up by the Trade Board of the town. In 1919 the Extension Trade Course (one-year course) was added. In 1920 the school was taken over by state authorities (conditions for a stable staff, financial coverage).

The economic development of the region near the river Jizera resulted in efforts to introduce higher forms of studies. Therefore the Public Trade School was transformed into a four-year Commercial Academy, while the two-year Trade school continued side by side. A new three-storey building was built by the town authorities. It was opened in September 1936.

Futher development of the Academy was interrupted by the fascist occupation. The post-war changes were inspired by communism. Higher Economic School (later Secondary Economic School) existed side by side with Higher Economic School (later Economic School). In the 50s evening courses were opened (three-year courses and later also five-year courses). The school specialized in

a) Economics
b) Foreign Correspondence

In 1965, a language School was opened on the premises.

In 1990, the school became a Commercial Academy again. There were not only changes in the content, but the whole profile of the students was different, from the instruction of foreign languages to exchange visits of students.

Post secondary education, too, went through changes (two-year evening classes, post-secondary evening course).

At present the Commercial Academy has become the most popular school according to the number of applicants. We offer the following types of studies:
Commercial Academy
Extension Busines Studies
State Language School
Post Secondary One-Year Language Courses (English and German)
Extension Qualification Couses
Retraining Courses

WebMaster - mesko@oamb.cz |&| WebEditor - horacek@oamb.cz. Developed by Martin Meško

Zrnková káva, mletá káva - skutecná káva z Vietnamu